Sunday, December 18, 2011

Beanne Extra Pearl Cream Green - 0.3 oz (Solstice) Review

Beanne Extra Pearl Cream Green - 0.3 oz (Solstice)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I started using this stuff a few years ago when I was given it by my herbalist at Lin Sister Herb shop in NYC Chinatown (if you know this shop you know it's reputable and the Drs there are top notch). Anyway, there are, according to the insert in the package, 8 different kinds of Beanne Extra Pearl Cream, each containing the base of the ingredients above with a varying active ingredient such as the one with 2% Hydroquinone which is meant for freckles. They have others that are made with Benzoyl Peroxide that are intended to treat acne. When they say "green" gold", etc, they're referring to the color of the printed pattern that forms the background of the box. This one, the green one, is the one I use. I've never tried the others.
It smells sort of powdery, like old fashioned make up and it's very light with yellowish foundation-like coloring. It can make you look a little ghostly if you're planning on putting lots on all over your face in the morning and then going out. My herbalist had me put it on at night and then in the morning (use a light hand in the morning). When I woke up my skin would look really kinda nice. What I do now is I put a little under my eyes or on blemishes day or night and it works pretty nicely. My complexion is typical Asian light yellow, so it blends pretty readily, but I've seen dark skinned African American women use it and it blends in. The color component is not a major contributor to the performance of the product, not in an aggressive, obvious way.
Now, why I really like this stuff: it's fun to rub pearl cream on your face - it makes you feel like a little kid playing princess or something. AND, because the ingredients are actually anti-inflammatory. In fact, what I usually do if I'm going out, which I learned from a very chic Chinese friend of mine is put on moisturizer and then work in plain pearl powder to make my skin look more matte. I have found that this seems to be a pretty great way to clear up my skin. You should be able to get a box of about 15 vials of pearl powder for about $5 at an Asian market (I saw it on Amazon for $85 - I'll be walking into the store, thank you). Anyway, I held on to my Almay foundation for awhile but then completely dispensed with it because my skin started looking a lot better. Oh, an important tidbit here is that I use lanolin oil as my moisturizer, along with jojoba, and Vitamin E oil. Lanolin's kinda sticky, but soaks in and seriously works - you can also get your fingers wet when you go to rub in the lanolin and it'll lessen the sticky quality. Lanolin is especially calming on the skin which is why I like pearl cream when I don't feel like messing with the 100% lanolin and pearl powder vials - it has good ingredients.
The only issue I have with this product here on Amazon is that it's a little over priced. Beanne is usually available in stores for only about $3-$5.
Another thing, nothing is a miracle cream, and one thing I appreciate is in the insert to this one it gives all kinds of advice to getting healthier skin like eating right, sleeping enough, etc. I appreciate it because it shows that the manufacturers are honest. This kind of cream helps soothe your skin, but if you have problems already like acne, you have to figure out what causing it and get at the root of that problem.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Beanne Extra Pearl Cream Green - 0.3 oz (Solstice)



Buy NowGet 40% OFF

Click here for more information about Beanne Extra Pearl Cream Green - 0.3 oz (Solstice)

0 comments:

Post a Comment