
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)I bought this thinking it was a very natural, non-toxic product, based on ingredient lists on other sites. I don't know if they changed the formulation or if the advertised ingredient lists conveniently shortened the ingredient names. The actual list from the product I received is:
bentonite, water, hydrolized soy protein, chamomile extract, aloe extract, melissa officinalis leaf extract, wheat germ oil, fragrance blend, dmdm hydantoin
If I had known it had dmdm hydantoin, I would not have bought it. Elsewhere, only "hydantoin" is listed, and it makes a big difference! Hydantoin is almost innocuous, whereas there is strong evidence that dmdm hydantoin is a human immune system toxicant, especially for products used on the skin, and it's labeled as a high health hazard. It "can instigate immune system response that can include itching, burning, scaling, hives, and blistering of skin...[and cause] irritation (eyes, skin, or lungs)" according to the Environmental Working Group. No thanks!
It does have a nice mild minty scent, but it made my skin red and irritated for a while after using it, even though I put on a very thin layer. It did seem to make it less oily, although my face isn't extremely oily anyway.
My recommendation would be to avoid this - I don't have particularly sensitive skin, but it made my skin red and irritated. It's unfortunate, since otherwise the natural ingredients, lack of animal testing, American manufacture, and biodegradable qualities are nice!
Click Here to see more reviews about: Pure Life Soap Co Facial Mask Volcanic Clay
Click here for more information about Pure Life Soap Co Facial Mask Volcanic Clay

0 comments:
Post a Comment