
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)When a local grocer dropped my favorite brand, I tried this Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Liquid Soap instead. While the name "Nature's Gate" may imply naturally pure ingredients, and "Aloe Vera" suggests that it is a prime ingredient, these were misleading descriptions for what was in the bottle.
Pros:
* You can find this product everywhere. Conveniently available.
Cons:
* I was frustrated this product left a very prominent cosmetic odor on my hands which persisted for hours and would not rinse off. I could only wash it off by lathering up with a different soap and rewashing.
* Label does not say this product is just for the gals, but it should. As a guy, I found the perfume smell repugnant. (So I guess that's the one "natural" thing about the product: it's natural a dude would find the smell too feminine and loud.) Couldn't quite identify the smell, but it's not aloe.
* Felt drying to the skin. That was a surprise. Long winters can leave cracked hands, so I seek soaps that do not rob moisture. Curious, I read the ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerine, Disodium Cocoamphyodiacetate, Laurel Glucoside, Polysorbate 20. Next, coming in at number eight: Aloe Barbaensis Leaf Juice. (Followed by a dozen others.) So, look: I'm no chemist. Maybe some of those first seven are magic elixers, but I was surprised to plug several into my search engine and read chief benefits included (how good they are for skin? No...) their cheap cost, and even some caveats about their use.
I locked the pump, then double wrapped the bottle in plastic and dropped it into a drawer. Days later, Gary stopped by. (Gary has a sinus infection and cannot smell well right now. Perfect gift recipient!) I opened the drawer, pulled out the double-wrapped, locked pump container - and was startled by how powerfully the odor from this sealed product still assaulted me. (Yuck.) I quickly handed it to Gary, with a warning: use around the house, but not before you leave for work unless you enjoy mysterious glances from curious coworkers after you pass by.
Lesson learned. It pays to seek out proven favorites, even though they can be more difficult to find: soaps that list oils and natural ingredients near the top. For instance, these do a fine job of cleaning and moisture retention, and basically, just feel great:
- South of France brand liquid soaps whose main ingredient is coconut or olive oil (or more recently, potassium cocoate which is derived from coconut oil), followed next by vegetable based glycerine.
- Dr. Bronner's Organic Fair Trade liquid soaps, which list fruit juice, then oils.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Velvet Moisture Liquid Soap, 16-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

0 comments:
Post a Comment