
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)I've been doing laundry FOREVER -- at least since I moved into a dorm -- and I have tried different detergents over the decades, and I have to say that none of them worked better than Tide. It gets out dirt and most stains very well, although I do occasionally supplement with Shout on the really nasty stuff, like chocolate, blood, and grease.
But that's my opinion and because it's not infallible, I took a look at what Consumer Reports had to say. Their conclusions are pretty much in line with my own. They did find one product that cleaned better (I've never even heard of it), but it was nearly twice as expensive and as a consequence I'm not inclined to seek it out wherever it might be hiding.
Besides Tide's cleaning power, I find that I also like that it does not have NPEs (Nonylphenol ethoxylates). NPEs are toxic to aquatic plants and animals. A fact even the EPA has had to recognize.
Another thing I like is that Tide doesn't fade the color of our clothes: This was a feature I didn't even recognize until I visited my friend this summer and noticed that even after one wash, with whatever bargain brand she was using, our shirts were noticeable faded and fuzzed.
As to why scent-free: I started using the low-suds version when we had to buy a new washer and decided to go 'green' in our selection. I soon after went scent-free when I discovered how many scents (lets face it scents are chemicals) were in our daily environment, and how they really weren't good for us. Particularly, those of us with allergies. The laundry seems to get as clean as with the scented variety, and the clothes come out smelling just wet.
Four Stars. Been doing laundry for decades and Tide seems to clean better than any other product I've tried. The scentless formula is exactly that. Other than the fact the stains are gone, I can't tell that the laundry is clean: it doesn't have a perfumed smell.
Pam T~
Click Here to see more reviews about: Tide Free and Gentle High Efficiency, 50-Ounce
Click here for more information about Tide Free and Gentle High Efficiency, 50-Ounce

0 comments:
Post a Comment