
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)I adore this and I'm terribly grieved to report that Proctor and Gamble (who own Tide among other product lines) confirmed that they have chosen to discontinue the entire Simple Pleasures line. The rep I spoke with on 11-04-2009 tells me that P&G recommend instead that people use their "Tide with a Touch of Downey" and they do offer the lavender scent. They have liquid and powder forms of their lines -- this appears to be "Tide Lavender Powder" -- 80 use and 120 use, and Tide with a Touch of Downey -- lavender scent" liquid is 40 oz, 50 oz, 75 oz, 100 oz sizes.
It's hard to find, but keep asking your store managers for "Tide with a Touch of Downey -- lavender scent" as the nearest equivalent.
And man, do I wish manufacturers would discontinue *awful* things and continue producing good ones!
*** Update as of 2009-11-11 ***
You can still find some of these discontinued items in places like your local large home improvement stores depending on where you live. They will likely continue selling until the stock runs out. I found six more bottles locally at mine.
I have seen and smelled the new Tide with a Touch of Downey -- lavender scent. [Available in your supermarkets and large department stores like K-Mart and Wal-Mart.] I have no idea whether the new Tide cleans as well as the old one. It certainly doesn't smell as good. Sigh. It does not smell good at all, let alone good enough to replace this one. Maybe if you add additional vanilla essential oil to it or something, it would help. To me it smelled bitter and metallic.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Tide 2x Ultra Liquid Detergent, Simple Pleasures Vanilla & Lavender, 25-Loads (Pack of 6)

0 comments:
Post a Comment